Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why the Hell Don't you have any damm UNIFORMS!?!?!

One thing that truly drives me nuts about Fort Riley is that the PX (Post Exchange) and Clothing and Sales (Uniform shop) are COMPLETELY inadequate for the amount of troops here. Never mind the fact that short of the Marines, we have every service here, For a post that pretty much sees all of DOD coming through, you'd think it'd have a bigger PX.

So pretty much after I got my RTD memo, I went looking for a new set of Class A's (the green uniform with all the medals and ribbons on it). Here's the rub, there are two types of class A's, the Polyester and Ploy wool. I'm not sure which is which, but they both cost an arm and a leg. I can't use my old pair of class A's because they don't fit anymore (and they're sort of ratty). And I eventually have to get a set of Dress Blues (I'm going to need them sooner or later). The problem is that the Green Service uniform is going to be phased out so they're making less and less of them.

Even more amazing then the fact that the Male section was woefully inadequate the female section was almost completely untouched. I mean they actually had sizes that would fit ME! I don't know what's more grating. No matter what happens I need class A's, and no one has them!!! I'm sure there are other places that have supply issues as well but it always seems that I run into stuff like this. In Hawaii, I never got the MOLE rig, In Fort Hood, I had to buy my own ACUs (Despite being told by the army that at least two pair would be issued) and now this. I'm almost afraid to ask: what next?

No comments: