Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rolling Thunder

Last night was. . . Intense. It has been said that a thunderstorm on the plains can be a terrifying event, and last night was no exception. I do not know what terrified me more, the fact that it sounded all too much like incomming, or that the whole building shook. I tried listening to my iPod, I tried taking ambien, I tried everything to fall asleep. Finally I took three times the recomended dose of Ambien before I finally went to sleep.

While I was lying there, it was insane. The flashes were lighting up my room, and they even seemed to burn through my eyelids. The sound was so loud it even drowned out Disturbed. Unlike when Haji is shooting at you, this time you can't be sure of shooting back. There is no defence against nature.

I've never really seen this much extream weather at one time. Oh when I was young I saw the tail end of a hurricane. But it seems almost every other day there is another storm. Another severe weather warning, and on and on and on. It's gotten my nerves a little frazzled and my right hand has started shaking again. I'm not sure what to think about all this!

No comments: