Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Sick as a Dog

That's right. I am sick as a dog, yesterday I was ordered to go into the ER by SFC Garcia. I went in, signed in at the front desk, got my vitals taken, the usual bit (i must say though that the preferncial treatment we give our own does come in handy). I was told to wait by the shiftleader computer til a room opened up. I didn't complain, they were bedlocked, and there was no need for me to go to bed one. I remember leaning foward and being kind of out of it, and then i sat back to catch my breath.

What happened, was that Dinese, our social worker came by, and saw I was sitting there, with my hat on and a mask on. I was really out of it, and she also noticed I was sweating like a pig. I don't remember exactly how it happened, but they got me out of my jacket and buddy walked me to bed 9. Needless to say I was pretty out of it. I was only really able to whisper, and my O2 sats were in the 94/95% range. not to bad but not good either. Usually a person on room air will sat 97-100% your in deep shit if you hit 90% and if you hit 50% your goose is cooked.

I don't know how long i was there last night, i can't even remember all the treatments they gave me. I will say this though. HAND IV'S FREAKING HURT!!! I do know that the albuteral mist sure helped. Tastes kind of funny though. Oh and the nasula canula will really dry out your sinuses.

This morning I went to get re-evaluated, and I was put on quarters (again) for 24 hours. I am feeling better, not the bed ridden mess I was the last time I had quaters (Saturday). How grand it is that i now hve the day for myself. What will i do? I'll tell you. Nothing. Maybe do laundry but i'm not trying to go somewhere and get seen goofing off.

No comments: